Friday, January 11, 2013

Love After a Few Days, Common To Other Shakespeare Plays

Act 3 Scene 1


INTERTEXTUALITY/ CONNECTIONS:   
"The mistress which I serve quickens what's dead, and makes my labours pleasures. O, she is Ten times more gentle than her father's crabbed, And he's composed of harshness." This quote from The Tempest reminds me a lot of "With love's light wings did I o'er-perch these walls; For stony limits cannot hold love out, And what love can do that dares love attempt;Therefore thy kinsmen are no let to me," from Romeo and Juliet. 

Both plays are written by Shakespeare, both involve a very young girl falling in love with a boy she met just days before, of whom her father does not approve.


"O heaven, O earth, bear witness to this sound,and crown what I profess with kind eventIf I speak true; if hollowly, invertwhat best is boded me to mischief: I,Beyond all limit of what else i' th' world,Do love, prize, honour you." also reminds me of "But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,Who is already sick and pale with grief,That thou her maid art far more fair than she."


No comments:

Post a Comment